Being intentional can mean a lot to your spouse. It goes a long way and doesn’t go un-noticed.
Here are 15 ideas to be intentional with your spouse:
- Fill up their gas tank.
- Stop for their favorite drink on the way home.
- Pick up their favorite doughnut.
- Stop & rent a movie that your spouse would like.
- Let your spouse pick what you watch on TV tonight.
- Do the dishes, without being asked.
- Cook their favorite dinner or dessert.
- Get coffee for your spouse in the morning and bring it to bed.
- Leave a little note on their steering wheel that says “I love you” or “Have a great day”
- Send a text in the middle of the day with a quick “I miss you!” note.
- Pick up a book that you think your spouse would enjoy reading.
- Plan a getaway for the weekend (If you have kids, get a sitter for a night while you go out on a surprise date).
- Make reservations at your favorite restaurant.
- Order take-out and eat at home after the kids have gone to bed. (Your spouse may welcome the trip to pick it up!)
- Clean up after them today… without being asked, just to be nice.
It is the little things that adds up to something big. For more ideas, check out The Love Dare. I haven’t read it personally, but my dearest friend swears that it saved her marriage.
Latest posts by becky (see all)
- Grow your marriage after kids - February 7, 2017
- Practical Advice to make a marriage last - January 28, 2017
- Perfect Mother, Perfect Wife, Perfect Children, Perfect Family - December 31, 2016